Sunday, January 15, 2006

Last Night Home

This is it! The final hours before catching our flight out of Portland and into Las Vegas. Our flight leaves @3:30 PM and I haven't even begun to pack. I have been too busy with work, and getting my equipment ready for the trip (cameras, laptop, mailing lists, etc.). This was my last task, get the blog up and running, and here it is in its stunningly simple glory. The first time I have ever used a generic template in my life, and it was freeing.

You can't even begin to imagine my excitement. My experience of the world to this point has included Maine, its bordering states and Canadian provinces, the entirety of Route 95 up and down the East Coast, and Colorado, and whatever road we used to get there. Also, islands in the general vicinity of the equator... Ok, so maybe I have seen a bit, but still, as far as I have been concerned uptil this point, Vegas is a post card and some really cool commercials. This is going to be something else entirely.

Megan (Miss Maine 2005) left this past Monday (we had her send-off party on the 8th). Since she has been gone, she has been on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and a number of other things I simply can't remember right now (with, of course, all the other Miss States). Tomorrow, we join her. As for right now, I need to pack!

The first thing I am going to do when I arrive at the hotel tomorrow is upload some photographs and give you all an update. So keep tuned. Until then, check out the NEW MissMaine.org! I finished it a week ago.

Good... night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home